- First install: Sweet! This thing actually kinda detects most of my hardware that except for the things that I paid more than $100 for. Brown is refreshing. This is the best distro evar!
- 6 months later, first upgrade: Fuck, my ____ (insert wireless, graphics, acpi sleep, whatever) broke! Oh but I must be a rare case, since the "community" is testing all these releases. Ok, whatever, I'll let this one slide and I'll spend the next twenty hours fixing it and I'll post something about it in my blog, and then spend another 10 hours being helpful on ubuntuforums.com. Brown is getting boring.
- 6 months later, second upgrade: Fuck, now my ___ (insert something from the same list above. Inserting the same word as the previous blank is also allowed). WTF is going on here? I thought these time-based releases were supposed to be awesome.
- 6 months later, third upgrade: F!$$!@$!@$!@#!@. Now my compiz is blacklisted, my wifi doesn't work anymore, NetworkManager is ass-raping me, and my laptop still doesn't sleep. WTF guys!? I'm so pissed at that luser that told me this shit was better than Windows. Brown is the color of ass playdough.
- Some amount of time later: I'm fucking using the LTS. I can't stand this shit.
- 6 months later: This LTS is working a bit better, but now there's a new release out. Oh and it has some pretty new feature I want, and it's supposed to work with my graphics card better.
- 1 hour later, after upgrade to non-LTS: F$@!#!@$@$@!#. I hate Ubuntu. Fuckubuntu. Oh, but there are these hundred other distros I should try...
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Posted 1:27 PM