- One Week with an OpenMoko Freerunner
The system it comes with, even after upgrading, is still very rough. It mostly works for doing phone calls and SMSsDamn. That's hot shit. SMSs.
But, as this is free software, there is hope that this will be fixed eventually."Eventually". If there ever was a FOSS motto, that must be it.
- GCompris, some open source educational software with an interesting license:
In order to promote the use of GNU/Linux, the windows version has a limited number of activities.Hurray for promoting free software with cripple-ware!
- Things I did this week with Ubuntu 8.04. Holy shit man. All that? If every Windows user wrote a blog post everytime they did the same things, the internets would run out of disk space.
- Moblin dumps Ubuntu for Fedora
the move to Fedora was a technical decision based on the desire to adopt RPM for package management ... He added: "The other thing we thought about was Moblin one wasn't successful in creating this community push - having a vibrant community push is the winning factor."Uh huh. Cuz, like RPM is going to make your project way awesomer.
- Foxconn deliberately sabotaging their BIOS to destroy Linux ACPI. There's not much I can say about this one.
Edit: A late breaking entry. Thank God the Linux desktop scales.