Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rants heard 'round the community ver. 11

Yay! Version 11. We caught up to SuSE.

I'm also sending out a call for user-submitted rants. Of course, I'm not going to let just anything through, but if you feel like you need to make the world see some really broken part of Linux, here's the place to do it.

Feel free to send me the rants directly using the link to the right, or even better, post the rant onto your own blog and send me the link. A few guidelines for getting through my filter:

  • Don't complain about single trivial bugs, which are just, well, bugs. All software has bugs. Unless it's symptomatic of something that is larger and more fundamentally broken, it's not interesting.
  • The better technical or common sense argument you can make to show that something is broken, the better.
  • Aim high. Don't go after some random small project or program that nobody gives a fuck about. Find something that is the rage among fosstards and bring it down.
  • Keap it real. I don't want some conspiracy bullshit. If I get any sense that you have no idea what you're talking about, or that you are just purely speculating, you is out.

Anyways. Have fun. I look forward to hearing about brokenness in other parts of Linux that I know nearly nothing about.

edit: Doh. Apparently I can't count.

blog comments powered by Disqus