Argh. I'm getting way behind on these things, so I'm combining the Rants and Laughs posts into one series. I can feel that we're getting closer and closer to becoming the anti-slashdot. Perhaps
~/. is an appropriate way to refer to this site.
First the rants:
- Aaron Toponce talks about immaturity in the Linux community. What you say? Lusers are often ignorant, arrogant, and unhelpful? Blasphemy!
- Vertical panel's in GNOME suck. What you say? Half baked features in open source software? Again, Blasphemy!
- Justin Carmony asks, why are some open source advocates hypocrites?
- Fun with a Debian Install
- This one has made the rounds, but in case you missed it, Matthew Paul Thomas discusses why Free Software has poor usability. Though he's much too polite for my taste.
- Scott James Remnant on why LSB will continue to suck even at version 4.
- An old John Gruber post where he takes a shit on ESR complaining about not being able to configure his printer.
- Five Vista tricks you cannot teach Ubuntu.
Angry? Now some laughs for you to chillax:
- Some dude complaining about Apple preventing lusers from accessing movie trailers. First comment: "Works on mine.." Nice. Get a fucking clue dude. Apple doesn't care about you. If Windows didn't have 90% of the market, Apple wouldn't care about them either. But instead they punish Windows users with quicktime.
- Five reasons to choose Debian over Ubuntu. Umm. Umm. Sir? First of all, I believe that is Debian GNU/Linux? And secondly:
4) If you don’t like companiesI salute your awesomeness.
Canonical is a company. I don’t know about you, but I never trusted companies, even if they’re just the sponsor. The Debian Project is run by a non-profit Foundation. I like that.
- OMG. I'm so clever! I asked a pirate for free software! Hee hee hee. Jackass.
- Microsoft tells the truth. Quick! where's the sand? I need to stick my head in something!
- Dear Mr. Toponce, I give you the honor of being both in the Rants section and the Laughs section at once. Your update on making your family Windows free is truly inspiring.
[My wife]’s been patient learning OpenOffice.org, of which I think she’s actually enjoying. Further, to increase her skill set for her resume, she has asked me to train her in depth with Linux, so she can teach others should she ever go back into education. That’s my girl!
- Try going to this page with IE for some true awesomeness.
- Stressed out by Ubuntu? Buy an Ubuntu Stress Ball! That's a great scam, actually. I wish I had thought of that.
Phewsh. That should keep you guys busy for a bit.