Olympics are still going on, and the day job is a tad busy these days (don't worry! it'll calm down soon enough). Maybe I should give it up and move back into my mom's basement and work on free software.
Anyways, looks like you guys are still finding the good stuff out there, so here's another bunch of links:
- I can't use Linux because I'm addicted to porn. Man if you think getting porn on Linux is too easy, then just wait until you get to Windows. You can actually watch all that WMV shit out there too. And you'll be able to hear the sound.
- The DNA lounge has had some trouble with Linux sound in the past. Also noticed by Jeff Atwood.
You may have noticed that the audio archives have only had one channel for the last few weeks. You would probably assume that's a simple matter of replacing a cable; turns out, not. As far as we can tell, the audio going into the computer is stereo, and somewhere in there, it drops (most of) the right channel. So, bad connector, right? No, we've tried four different sound cards, and checked the mixer settings. At this point it seems like the last time we (accidentally) upgraded ALSA, it introduced some software bug that is making one channel go away. I can't even fathom how such a bug could exist, but that's Linux for you.
- Free Software Magazine says market share is not important. Wow, if that's not moving the goal post, then I don't know what is.
- Remember the Foxconn BIOS scandal? Well apparently the fix is out. And it's one line of code. Lusers have really out-done themselves this time. A true congratulations is in order. You are the Michael Phelps of lusers.
- First part of an uber rant by Ed Ropple.
- FSM again on Microsoft trying to kill Apache. Dude, seriously guys, if Microsoft throwing $100K at you guys makes you shit your pants this bad, you are seriously fucked.
- An IBM exec says he's tired of waiting for industry-specific open source software. Whaa?? Freetards don't write software for problems they know absolutely nothing about? OMG WTF?
- Let's blame Firefox for not supporting old distros. Actually, no, lets blame distros for making it so hard to ship software on them. Actually no, lets blame upstream for constant churn. Actually no, lets just ignore the problem and write clueless blog posts.
- Paul Venezia goes off the deep end. Jeez InfoWorld. I knew you were bad. But you are not only scraping the bottom of the barrel, you have broken through it. Is August 8th like an April fool's in some country that I don't know about? Seriously. It pisses me off that people get paid to write this crap.
- IBM to Linux: Stop Copying Windows. Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I didn't say it. One of your biggest supporters did.