And then there was another.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Mo' fo' dat ass.
- A BBC Editor is Getting to grips with Linux. Yes lusers, this is what usually happens when normal people try to use Linux when not in your odorous presence.
- Even Shuttle-man doesn't think you can replace Windows with Linux.
- Another six reasons why Ubuntu isn't the #1 OS. With rare insight such as: It seems that people don't mind spending hundreds of dollars on closed source commercial software. They even put up with ads in their software - just so they can send animated smilies (aka Yahoo Messenger).
Uh huh. Whatever you say dude.
- A luser begrudging finds his way back to Windows, then finds out that it actually works way better. Then, he challenges lusers to "bring him back" to their freetard commune.
- LinuxToday editor Carla Shroder proves that she knows very little about other operating systems which supposedly can't do "Cool Compiz/Beryl blingy stuff".
- Sam Varghese with another lame "20 reasons to use Linux" article.
- Let's blame Asus for Linux sucking on the eee 901. I used to have a lot of respect for Asus and generally sought out Asus components when building a computer. My experience with the eee has really turned me off and I doubt I will ever look at Asus the same.
At the moment I’m looking for a solution to all of this. Can anyone recommend a Linux distro that does work well on the 901 model? I have absolutely no interest in putting windows on this no matter how well it may work.
- FSM's 10 easy ways to attract women to your free software project. Who knew it was so easy. And the title sounds like something that should be on the front conver of Cosmo.
- Wow, a fellow hater. I have a feeling this guy might hate Linux as much as I do.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
So like, this FOSS shit is supposed to be free right? Like I can take the code and go make a bajillion dollars with it, or make some pretty awesome product with it as long as I release all the source code when I'm asked to, right?
Monday, September 15, 2008
I know I've already hated on the wine project before, but what the hell, it's fun!
* Which makes me think, aside from games and picasa, what useful apps does wine let me run on Linux for which there is no OSS alternative? uTorrent? FAIL. EAC? FAIL. Nope, I guess it really is all games these days. So much for being productive on Linux.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
A wonderful post on "Linux Weekly" reminded me of another lame luser talking point.
I think one of the main reason most of the people try Linux and go back to Windows is that they aren't determined to make the switch, and they can't conceive that there are other ways of doing things than the Windows methods. If something is done differently on Linux, they quickly jump to a conclusion that goes like 'This is not right, on Windows it's done the other way around.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
reddit is fucking awesome. It really is. It's got this whole Linux section where freetards automatically mod up the stupidest stories. I don't even have to go looking for material any more. It's just there.
- Install drivers that don't suck
- Create desktop shortcuts like "Internet" and "Word"
- Set OO to use the .doc format by default, "rather than explaining the difference between doc and odf"
- Set up auto-login
- Give her detailed instructions on how to write the Ubuntu forums or give her people to contact when she has questions
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Got a whole bunch of 'em queued up for you guys tonight.
- 8 reasons why every computing student will love Linux. If you're a student out there and reading this... don't fall for it! They're just trying to harvest your boredom to do work for them.
- Moving from Mac to Ubuntu: Why I'm switching. Wow, she's changing her whole OS over a file manager and some panels. Complete with the standard luser comments.
- A nice little rant from jimmac.
- Another "I'm so proud" post. I see that, in no time, Linux has become the OS for annoying and condescending grandsons.
- An autopackage dev gives up on Linux.
- In case you haven't see it, a bit more on Ryan Farmer, of the Foxconn BIOS (non-)issue fame. mjg's observations. Farmer complaining about being banned from Ubuntu forums. And his very own blog.
- Who knew? CrossOver still doesn't work.
- A luser laments at the failure of his Summer of Documentation project. I think he missed reason #5: writing documenation sucks donkey balls.
- Ah, the eeePC, darling of the luser community. Apparently some developers really don't understand how third party software installation works.
- And finally, an OSnews discussion thread on the Apple-Psystar conflict, with freetardism-a-plenty.